This week the blog is about crochet artists. Artists who use the delicacy of crochet and the inspiration of nature to create the most beautiful pieces of art. Today I'm going to start with Susanna Bauer , who combines very fine crochet with natural materials like stone, pieces of wood and dried leaves. I especially love her 2D work with dried leaves. Sometimes crochet is used as an embellishment, but mostly it is used in a constructional way. Crocheting pieces of leaf together or filling in holes. Although very small, they are true pieces of art. For more of her work you can look on her website: susannabauer
A while ago I came across this picture on, of course, Pinterest and I was in love. At the time I couldn't get to the source of the picture. In my research for another post recently I came across it again and this time I found the designer: Kwangho Lee. He is a designer from Seoul, Korea. His basic design principle is giving new meaning and function to everyday objects and materials. The inspiration came from his grandmother knitting when he was young and from his grandfather who recycled everything he found. The lamp that first caught my eye is entirely made from thick electrical wire. For this restaurant he made them from rope. pendant lamps in The Atlantic Restaurant The technique he uses is a sort of self-invented finger knitting. Every piece is entirely handmade. The material is so tough that he often worked until his hands bled. blue pendant lamps brown pendant lamp brown pendant lamp detail black pendant lamp black pendant lamp chandel...
The Collection blog this month is all about the Loop series: the Loop, the Loop xl and the Loop pillow. 1.Loop 2.Loop pillow 3.Loop xl 4.Loop Loop The Loop can replace every standard door handle with this small elegant felt loop. Use it on your kitchen cabinets, bedroom closet, dressoirs or anything with drawers. Loop xl Designed to hang my pendant lamps, you can use the Loop xl in multiple ways. On the wall or the ceiling to hang lamps, plants, towels, magazines, etc. Loop pillow The longest of the Loop series is used to hang pillows up to 50 cm on the wall behind a bench as backpillow or as a headboard. The Loop series is made from the finest quality thick merino wool felt and is available in 8 colours. The decorative bolt is available in 5 versions: gold, matted gold, silver, matted silver and copper. For more information and prices you can check my website or my Etsyshop
Reacties
Een reactie posten